DONATION REFUND POLICY
SWF Trust has a donation refund policy to ensure fair and transparent processing of requests for refund of donations as digital payments are becoming more frequent. SWF Trust expects that all donors will exercise due care and diligence while making donations. SWF Trust also recognizes that a donation may be made erroneously or donors may change their mind. SWF Trust will examine the request for refund of donation and endeavour to make the refund. SWF Trust may also seek proper explanation and reason from the user. Also, it will require further verification of the user and need documents of proof as well as for donation.
SWF Trust is not obliged to make refunds and may, in its discretion, decline any requests for refund of donations, particularly if a tax exemption Bill has been issued.
If you would like your donation to be refunded, you must request SWF Trust in by email for a refund
Your refund request must contain the details such as Date of Donation, Amount of Donation, Mode of Donation i.e. Credit Card or Online Payment and should reach SWF Trust email within 3 (Three) days from the date on which you made the donation i.e.:
The date on which you Made the donation online, electronically or through other means, OR
The date on which you Handed over the cheque / demand draft to SWF Trust or someone authorised by SWF. Trust for this purpose, OR
The date on which you Despatched the cheque / demand draft to CISSD by other means.
The refund process may take time 7 to 30 working days depending on the availability of the information from third parties such as Payment Gateway, Banks, etc. through which transaction is done.
Information Gathering and Use
We collect information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
- Make a donation
- Sign up with us
- Sign up to stay updated
We won’t collect or record your personal information unless you choose to give it to us.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations we receive.
- To email you with news and information about SWF Trust and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
- To make sure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
- To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign.
Privacy of our email lists
- Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through our campaigning engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
- Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by SWF Trust when you use our web site. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
- You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
Security & Protection of Data
- SWF Trust uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that your browser is able to support.
- Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the collected information.
External Web Services
- We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. For example, to display the video we use YouTube. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.